Welcome to the Department of Petroleum Engineering
We encourage you to read more about our research interest:
- Research on membrane separation processes.
- Mass transfer.
- Environmental engineering.
- Desulphurization process.
- Adsorption process.
- Biochemical engineering.
- Phase equilibria.
- Hazardous waste management.
- Thermodynamics of supercritical fluid extraction.
- Characterization of oil fractions.
- Design and construction of multi-purpose distillation - aromatic extraction from petroleum cuts.
- Simulation of chemical processes.
- Design and construction of supercritical fluid extractor.
- Extraction of natural pharmaceutical material (eugenol) by SFE method.
- Purification and decoloration of domestic paraffin.
- Distillation column monitoring.
- Hydraulic parameters of distillation tower (Pilot Plant).
- Gas absorption in the emulsion solutions.
- Wastewater treatment.
- Air pollution control.
- Enzymatic process.
- Design of nanostructured materials (nanoreactors).
- Tailoring physicochemical properties of nanomaterials.
- Catalytic reactions of heterogeneous catalysts in fine and bulk chemical synthesis.
biological and chemical catalysts for challenging reactions -Catalytic
treatment of water and wastewater by the use of heterogeneous catalysis.
- Heterogeneous catalytic reactions.
- Deep desulfurization of fuels (by oxidation, extraction or adsorption).
- Enhanced oil recovery.
- Water shut-off in hydrocarbon reservoirs.
- Hydrogels, nanogels, microgels, superabsorbents.
- Phase Behavior of Petroleum Fluids.
- Thermodynamics of wax, asphaltene and hydrate formation in petroleum fluids.
- Petroleum reservoir simulation.
- Enhanced oil recovery methods.
- Fluid mechanics of porous media.
- Rheological behavior of petroleum reservoir fluids.